Tuesday 4 May 2010

The finds



Dazz made the first find a nice chunky medieval key right on the edge of the first field. I was not getting any signals at all until I came across a patch of building bricks and concrete rubble then there was iron every where I dug down on a wide loud signal expecting it to be large iron, and it was, maybe a steel plate or a large plough share. So I filled in the hole and the very next signal right on the edge of the iron was sharp and loud, I knew it was on the surface with the signal my T2 gave and I picked up the tiny grey object, yes it was a Henry 111 cut-half, a nice start.
Dazz came over and showed me his next find a silver hammy probably an Edward.
I checked around the rubble area but no more coins where coming up so I started to go further towards the wind farm, it was a very quiet field, and my next signal was no more than a faint whisper and showing foil on my screen, I dug down and from about 10 inches I got my second hammy. not bad two hammies in less than half a dozen signals, this one was well worn on one side but a nice portrait of Edward IV, a York penny. I wrote down the GPS find spots, and got right to the end of the field only finding bits of lead, I took another GPS reading here to check on Google Earth when I got home, and it turned out we was just 3 miles from the beach. I walked all the way back with only a roman grot to show for it I got the GPS reading for this as well because it is important to record all roman coin finds whether grots or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment