Tuesday 4 May 2010

Moving to Pastures new.





Dazz approached me in the field and suggested we move to our own search permissions nearer home but still in East Yorkshire, I agreed I was ready for the rest and driving is easier than walking. So we went to say our goodbyes to the other searchers and tried to find out what else had been recovered there was a few hammered coins found by all accounts.
I set the sat-nav to North Cave and set off back, the main road was busy with Bank Holiday traffic but we found a gap and was soon opening the gate to our pasture field. Dazz has been having a lean time recently with his hammie finds but he managed another off this pasture even if it was cracked and bent in the middle.
I managed to find my second ever Saxon Sceat a porcupine type, a pressed out mount, a small leather belt mount and a small buckle, all before the heavens opened and tried spoiling our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment