Tuesday 4 May 2010

A Sunday in East Yorkshire near Driffield


We set off early for Gembling near Driffield using a sat-nav and the post code for Gembling primary school it was down a quiet lane with no houses anywhere, and we drove straight past and ended up in the next no houses village, a quick turn around and a call behind a field hedge and I saw the sign GEMBLING and there was the row of cars arrived for the N.E.W.S. dig.We was soon pounced on for our tenners, he nearly ripped mine trying to get it off me I did,nt recognise the guy and my grip would not loosen, this is where I said my first prayer hoping it was going to be worth a tenner. I had not even started and I needed a painkiller my back was killing me with the drive down and cold weather. I changed into my warmest hooded fleece and put on my camo jacket and over-trousers.Dazz suggested the high ground over the road it was 250 acres of stubble fields with a wind farm right behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment